Trichology- The Study Of Hair & Scalp
Trichology…. What is it?
In 2019 the Pierrot’s team took on an intensive course in Trichology. Trichology is the specialised study of the hair and scalp. Our team completed their Associate Certification with the Australian Institute of Trichology.
From the Australian Institute of Trichology website: “Trichology is the scientific study of the human hair and scalp. Diseases and disorders such as hair loss, hair thinning, psoriasis and numerous other hair and scalp concerns are addressed using a holistic in depth approach.”
From the training the team has done we have learnt how important scalp health is and how crucial it is in having healthy hair. Your scalp health can often impact on your facial appearance as the scalp is an extension of the skin on your face.
Some interesting facts to note are:
- Your scalp skin ages 12 times faster than the skin on your face, so it’s important to be using the right products in assisting with your scalp health- using the wrong products can cause dryness, build up and problems with your scalp/hair health.
- 70% of facial wrinkles comes from scalp ageing
- Proven scalp massage techniques have worked in reducing stress and in turn reducing lines & wrinkles on the face
- Massage also releases seretonin- the happy hormone
- Scalp massage helps with insomnia, anxiety and depression
- Your hair replenishes itself every 3-7 years, so it’s important to look after it as much as possible
- 90% of your hair follicles should be constantly growing, and this comes down to your scalp health
If you are concerned about any scalp issues, thinning hair or hair loss please get in contact with the team at Pierrot’s. With this training we are now able to diagnose certain scalp issues and create a plan for a healthy happy scalp and hair.
We have also developed a treatment specifically designed for your skin & scalp called the ‘Restorative Skin & Scalp Treatment’, you can read more about this treatment here.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]